July was a big month! I’m refining the topics & categories that I’m beginning to consistently write here, and I like the columns I’ve started – on butches, and in praise of femmes.
One of the first things I did this month was ask for money. I’ve been realizing more and more how much time I put into this website – it has become my part-time job. Many people have said that it is significant to them, it’s more than just my personal adventures, it’s also a community filled with ideas and concepts about gender, butch/femme dynamics, lesbian sexualities, etc. I wrote a follow up to why I asked for money after I got a little challenged, but ultimately I was incredibly touched and honored at all the donations I received. Thank you.
I also launched some merch! I don’t make much money at all from this, pennies really, but it’s kind of fun.
On with the rest:
- Penny & I kept playing in July, and we had some great times. weekend part one, flogging and weekend part two, dancing were quite notable this month.
- I also wrote on telling a girl what to wear as a kink, particularly the ways that it exaggerates the power and gender dynamic between butchtop/femmebottom play.
- Long piece on intentional vs natural gender, then a follow up on creating conscious gender, which is also long, but worth reading.
- In praise of femmes: fishnets
- On butches: butch style: briefs
- packing cocks 101 was a big review guide I’ve been working on for a while
- Protected post on my issues + her issues, where I discuss a little about my relationship with Penny
- What happened with Penny, where I announced that we’d split up.
- Eye Candy: buxa, work safe, noir, and a bruise & heels, the first femme eye candy. I think we’ll do some more of those in the future.
- Reviews: Bonk by Mary Roach, undercover harness, Lipstick on her Collar edited by Alison Tyler. And a big one: packing cocks 101.
- Prompts: I’ve done a few of these lately, and had a lot of comments, so I’m going to keep that around for a while. if asked of the state of my heart (& my response: I would say) and if I could speak. The comments and responses are really emotional and intense, I feel honored that you all would reveal like you do here in this space, thank you.
3 thoughts on “What happened in July”
ooh ooh, can you add sugarbutch swag that says: "gender geek" or "ask me about my gender fetish" or something along those lines?
that should totally exist in the world, and I think Sugarbutch is the place to make it happen.
Any chance of some lovely stuff that says "queer"?!