I’m a writer and teacher, and I lead workshops about using identity and power as tools for liberation. Through fields like feminism, queerness, trans & nonbinary genders, BDSM & kink, the transformative power of creative expression, and a variety of spiritual practices, I study myself and the places where I interact with the world.
I run ecourses online regularly through D/s Playground, and teach workshops in person at colleges, community centers, and sex toy stores. I also read my work aloud at poetry readings and in bookstores sometimes.
I’ve edited a few anthologies, including Erotix: Literary Journal of Somatics, Say Please: Lesbian BDSM Erotica, and multiple editions of the Best Lesbian Erotica series by Cleis press. My short story collection Sweet & Rough was published by Maverick Press in 2015 and was a finalist for the Lesbian Erotica Lambda Literary Award. More about my books here.
After years of studying erotic embodiment, I’m part of a collaborative that founded Body Trust in 2014 with the mission to do more radically inclusive erotic embodiment work.
You can support my work by becoming a patron through Patreon, and you get perks like access to the password protected posts, access to monthly live webinars about D/s, individual sessions with me via video, and custom writings. Sign up on Patreon.
See more about my work, including my CV, on my portfolio site, www.mrsexsmith.com
About the site
Sugarbutch was started in April, 2006 and has received many awards, and is one of the most popular and highest ranking sex blogs online.
- #1 on the Kinkly Queer Sex Blog list, 2021
- #1 on the Kinkly Erotica Sex Blog list, 2020
- #1 on the Kinkly Queer Sex Blog list, 2019
- #1 on the Kinkly Erotica Sex Blog list, 2019
- #3 on the Sexiest Erotica You Can Find Online from O.School, 2019
- 2019 National Leather Award International John Preston Short Fiction Award for I Want To Be Brutal
- 2019 National Leather Award International Cynthia Slater Non-Fiction Article Award Honorable Mention for Creating A Submissive Training Plan For Yourself.
- Kinky Sex Blogging Superhero Awards 2019
- Top 10 Kinkly Erotica Blogs 2018
- Listed on the Kinky Sex Blogging Superhero Awards 2018
- #9 on The 9 all-time best sites to read BDSM stories in 2017
- #2 on the 7 Best Places To Read Literotica Online, by Sophie Saint Thomas on Cosmopolitan
- #4 on the Kinkly Top Erotica Blogs of 2017
- #46 on the Kinkly Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2017
- 2016 Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica – finalist for the Lambda Literary lesbian erotica award
- 2016 National Leather Association John Preston Short Fiction Award for Awakening: Mistress Elise Winter & morgan
- #25 on the 2016 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- #59 on the 2015 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- 2015 National Leather Association Cynthia Slater Non-Fiction Award for “To All the Tops Who Are Afraid to Make a Move”
- #2 on the 2014 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- #44 on the 2013 100 Most Stylish DapperQs
- 100 Women We Love class of 2010, Go Magazine
- Mentioned as one of three 2010 Best Sex Bloggers in the Village Voice
- #27 on the Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2010
- The Lezzys 2009 Lesbian Weblog Awards: Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog
- #10 on the 2009 Top 100 Sexy Bloggers list
- The Lezzys: 2008 Lesbian Weblog Awards: Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog, Best Gender Bending Blog
- #7 on the 2008 Best Sex Toy Reviewers list
- #1 on the 2008 Top 100 Sex Bloggers list
- Finalist for 2007 Lesbian Blog of the Year
Design by me and rife/Rowdy Ferret Design. Hosted on Dreamhost using WordPress and the Wild Book theme.
The official Mx. Sexsmith bio
Sinclair Sexsmith (they/them) is “the best-known butch erotica writer whose kinky, groundbreaking stories have turned on countless queer women” (AfterEllen), who “is in all the books, wins all the awards, speaks at all the panels and readings, knows all the stuff, and writes for all the places” (Autostraddle). Their short story collection, Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica, was a 2016 finalist for the Lambda Literary Award, and they are the current editor of the Best Lesbian Erotica series. Find more of their work at sugarbutch.net.
Want to get in touch?
Y’all, I get so much email. So. Much. And I spend a lot of time answering it, but it still piles up. In an attempt to make my email inbox more manageable, please use the contact form to get in touch.
You can also reach me on Twitter, I’m @MrSexsmith, or Facebook, under fb.com/sugarbutch.
My email address is [email protected], but I’d much prefer you use the contact form—it helps keep my inbox under control. Thank you!
26 thoughts on “Hello! I’m Sinclair”
I love your blog, Sinclair!
Dude, you are a real dude's butch! I'm wanting a password to read the protected stuff. Would be psyched! Thanks, Blade
I LOVE THIS BLOG!
I love your writing – what a breath of fresh air! – love your ties and your latest posting too. Looking forward to reading more – could you please send me a password?
You are a great writer x
I just found this website and already it has changed my life.
I found your site and I'm pretty sure I want to marry you. Thanks for having this space out there. Can I have the password, since I am a pretty femme who is terribly intrigued by your writing?
I have spent several hours over the past few days reading your posts. I must say they are incredible. I am a butch feminist and find your gender writings very interesting but who are we kidding, I have really become addicted to the smut. I would be so appreciative of a password if you should see fit.
I tried to mail you a few butch pics of my humble self plus some feedback via the contact-me-link on this site.Unfortunately my mail returned, please send me your correct mailaddress.
can i have accessssss please??
I'm not butch, and I'm not a lesbian, but your blog is AMAZING to me. You are a fabulous writer and you make me wish I was "traveling in your circle." I think that I will so enjoy reading your stories and exploring a side of me that has yet to be, um…"tapped" :0)
Your insight is awesome, after having read some of your posts on the difficulty of explaining/defending the Butch-femme dynamic I have been better able to explain to my straight and even confused queer friends, as a Femme I am constantly asked why don't I just be with a man, it can be very difficult to explain that "yes i am a lesbian, but I want a big 'ol butch. I would love to have access to your protected entries, and I am looking forward to your future entries, thanks for sharing your insight with the queer community.
Hi. i would love a password to the protected posts. if the unprotected ones are this good, what can the protected ones be hiding?
Hey man, reading your smut entries during medical school classes makes lecture MUCH more entertaining. I need more to read so I would love to get into the password protected posts.
Great writing-frank and funny.
Your writing is glorious, celebratory, proud and so, so hot, where have you been all my life?! Much love. X
Comments are closed.