photo by Bill Wadman
I’m a writer and teacher, and I lead workshops online and at colleges about using identity and power as tools for liberation. That’s a fancy way of saying that I write and study ways of becoming more myself. Through fields like feminism, queerness, trans & genderqueer genders, BDSM & kink, the transformative power of creative expression, and a variety of spiritual practices, I study myself and the places where I interact with the world.
After years of studying erotic embodiment, I’m part of a collaborative that founded Body Trust in 2014 with the mission to do more radically inclusive erotic embodiment work.
Currently, I travel during the fall and spring around to colleges and give workshops, and I run ecourses online regularly, including Submissive Playground an 8-week course jam-packed with curated content from D/s experts and guests, each of the 4 units has materials to consume, an experiment to do (on your own or with a dominant), and homework to complete.
About the site
Sugarbutch was started in April, 2006 and received many awards, and has been highly regarded as one of the highest ranking sex blogs online.
- #2 on the 7 Best Places To Read Literotica Online, by Sophie Saint Thomas on Cosmopolitan
- #4 on the Kinkly Top Erotica Blogs of 2017
- #46 on the Kinkly Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2017
- 2016 Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica – finalist for the Lambda Literary lesbian erotica award
- 2016 National Leather Association John Preston Short Fiction Award for Awakening: Mistress Elise Winter & morgan
- #25 on the 2016 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- #59 on the 2015 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- 2015 National Leather Association Cynthia Slater Non-Fiction Award for “To All the Tops Who Are Afraid to Make a Move”
- #2 on the 2014 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- #44 on the 2013 100 Most Stylish DapperQs
- 100 Women We Love class of 2010, Go Magazine
- Mentioned as one of three 2010 Best Sex Bloggers in the Village Voice
- #27 on the Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2010
- The Lezzys 2009 Lesbian Weblog Awards: Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog
- #10 on the 2009 Top 100 Sexy Bloggers list
- The Lezzys: 2008 Lesbian Weblog Awards: Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog, Best Gender Bending Blog
- #7 on the 2008 Best Sex Toy Reviewers list
- #1 on the 2008 Top 100 Sex Bloggers list
- Finalist for 2007 Lesbian Blog of the Year
Headshot by Meg Allen. Design is done by me and rife/Rowdy Ferret Design. Hosted on Dreamhost using WordPress platform and the Wild Book theme. Original background image by Amanda Clegg, though we modified it.
The official (short) Mx. Sexsmith bio
Sinclair Sexsmith is “the best-known butch erotica writer whose kinky, groundbreaking stories have turned on countless queer women” (AfterEllen), who “is in all the books, wins all the awards, speaks at all the panels and readings, knows all the stuff, and writes for all the places” (Autostraddle). Their short story collection, Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica, was a 2016 finalist for the Lambda Literary Award. Sinclair identifies as a white non-binary butch dominant, a survivor and an introvert, and use the pronouns they, them, theirs, themself. Follow all their writings — public and private — at patreon.com/mrsexsmith.
Want to get in touch?
Y’all, I get so much email. So. Much. And I spend a lot of time answering it, but it still piles up. In an attempt to make my email inbox more manageable, please use the contact form to get in touch.
My email address is [email protected], but I’d much prefer you use the contact form—it helps keep my inbox under control. Thank you!