I’m a writer and teacher, and I lead workshops online and at colleges about using identity and power as tools for liberation. Through fields like feminism, queerness, trans & nonbinary genders, BDSM & kink, the transformative power of creative expression, and a variety of spiritual practices, I study myself and the places where I interact with the world.
After years of studying erotic embodiment, I’m part of a collaborative that founded Body Trust in 2014 with the mission to do more radically inclusive erotic embodiment work.
In 2019, my boy rife & I won a leather title contest and in 2019 and 2020 are traveling and teaching extensively. Follow our adventures on our Facebook page.
You can support my work by becoming a patron through Patreon, and you get perks like access to the password protected posts, access to monthly live webinars about D/s, individual sessions with me via video, and custom writings. Sign up on Patreon.
About the site
Sugarbutch was started in April, 2006 and has received many awards, and is one of the most popular and highest ranking sex blogs online.
- #1 on the Kinkly Queer Sex Blog list, 2019
- #1 on the Kinkly Erotica Sex Blog list, 2019
- #3 on the Sexiest Erotica You Can Find Online from O.School, 2019
- 2019 National Leather Award International John Preston Short Fiction Award for I Want To Be Brutal
- 2019 National Leather Award International Cynthia Slater Non-Fiction Article Award Honorable Mention for Creating A Submissive Training Plan For Yourself.
- Kinky Sex Blogging Superhero Awards 2019
- Top 10 Kinkly Erotica Blogs 2018
- Listed on the Kinky Sex Blogging Superhero Awards 2018
- #9 on The 9 all-time best sites to read BDSM stories in 2017
- #2 on the 7 Best Places To Read Literotica Online, by Sophie Saint Thomas on Cosmopolitan
- #4 on the Kinkly Top Erotica Blogs of 2017
- #46 on the Kinkly Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2017
- 2016 Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica – finalist for the Lambda Literary lesbian erotica award
- 2016 National Leather Association John Preston Short Fiction Award for Awakening: Mistress Elise Winter & morgan
- #25 on the 2016 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- #59 on the 2015 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- 2015 National Leather Association Cynthia Slater Non-Fiction Award for “To All the Tops Who Are Afraid to Make a Move”
- #2 on the 2014 Kinkly Sex Blogging Superheroes list
- #44 on the 2013 100 Most Stylish DapperQs
- 100 Women We Love class of 2010, Go Magazine
- Mentioned as one of three 2010 Best Sex Bloggers in the Village Voice
- #27 on the Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2010
- The Lezzys 2009 Lesbian Weblog Awards: Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog
- #10 on the 2009 Top 100 Sexy Bloggers list
- The Lezzys: 2008 Lesbian Weblog Awards: Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog, Best Gender Bending Blog
- #7 on the 2008 Best Sex Toy Reviewers list
- #1 on the 2008 Top 100 Sex Bloggers list
- Finalist for 2007 Lesbian Blog of the Year
The official Mx. Sexsmith bio
Sinclair Sexsmith (they/them) is “the best-known butch erotica writer whose kinky, groundbreaking stories have turned on countless queer women” (AfterEllen), who “is in all the books, wins all the awards, speaks at all the panels and readings, knows all the stuff, and writes for all the places” (Autostraddle). Their short story collection, Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica, was a 2016 finalist for the Lambda Literary Award. Sinclair identifies as a white non-binary butch dominant, a survivor and an introvert. Follow all their writings — public and private — at patreon.com/mrsexsmith.
Want to get in touch?
Y’all, I get so much email. So. Much. And I spend a lot of time answering it, but it still piles up. In an attempt to make my email inbox more manageable, please use the contact form to get in touch.
My email address is [email protected], but I’d much prefer you use the contact form—it helps keep my inbox under control. Thank you!