Next year, 2012, I’ve heard rumors that there is a special guest judge. I can’t tell you who, but I am excited.
If you’re an erotica writer, consider getting something together for the April 1 deadline! Specific guidelines for submission are below:
Kathleen Warnock is now accepting submissions for Best Lesbian Erotica 2012, to be published by Cleis Press in December, 2011.
- Submit short stories, self-contained novel excerpts, other prose
- Unpublished material will be considered
- Previously published material will also be considered
- Submit two hard copies of each submission (you may print double-sided).
- Include a cover page with: Author’s Name, Pen Name (if applicable) Title of Submission(s), Address, Phone, and Email Address, and short (50-ish words) bio.
- All submissions must be typed and double-spaced; number the pages.
- Each submission should be a maximum of 5,000 words (list word count on title page).You may print double-sided.
- You may submit up to 2 different pieces of work
- No email submissions will be accepted, except in the circumstances detailed below; you can email queries to Kwarnockble (at) gmail.com
- Manuscripts will not be returned, so please don’t send return envelopes.
- We will consider stories that have been published in other themed anthologies.
You may submit your story via email (as a Word document or PDF) under the following conditions:
- You live outside of North America or Europe
- The cost of postage would be prohibitive from your home country
- The content of your submission may be illegal to send via postal mail in your home country
Submissions will be accepted throughout the year. The final (postmark) deadline is April 1, 2011. All submissions will be responded to by the end of September. Early submissions are encouraged.
Send all submissions to:
31-64 21st St., #319
Long Island City, NY 11106
If mailing from the US, First Class mail is fine. If you require a confirmation other than the USPS Delivery Confirmation, please included a self-addressed stamped postcard (not an envelope). If mailing from Canada, Airmail or XpressPost USA are recommended.
Please note: April 1, 2011 is a postmark date. You don’t need to overnight it as long as it is postmarked by then. If you are unable to make the postmark date, please email to discuss the possibility of an extension.
Questions? Email the editor at kwarnockble (at) gmail.com.