For every girl, there is a boy …

I don’t remember why, but at some point this weekend I thought, “I should find that Gender Subversion poster and put it on Sugarbutch.” Probably to talk about the difference between gender and personality, which I’ve been kicking around in my head lately (i.e., well: they are not the same).

And then, while catching up on my reader today, there it was, on Fourth Wave Feminism.

crimethink

Buy this poster on Crimeth Inc. & support their wonderful work.

Sinclair Sexsmith is a genderqueer kinky butch writer who teaches and performs, specializing in sexualities, genders, and relationships. They've written at sugarbutch.net since 2006, recognized numerous places as one of the Top Sex Blogs. Sinclair's gender theory and queer erotica is widely published in anthologies like Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica, and online at Feministing, Autostraddle, AfterEllen, and more; they are the editor of Best Lesbian Erotica 2012 and Say Please: Lesbian BDSM Erotica, both published by Cleis Press. Sweet & Rough: Sixteen Stories of Queer Smut, Sinclair's first book of short erotic stories, was published in 2014. They use the pronouns they, them, theirs, themself, and live in Oakland, CA with their boy.

6 thoughts on “For every girl, there is a boy …”

1. Miss Ida says:

I love this poster. I have it framed in my office.

2. Mary says:

Thank you! As a gender-variant individual raising boys and girls, it sums thing up quite nicely. About damn time.

3. riotgrrrl1974 says:

I love this poster so much and have it pinned above my desk in work.

4. Adrienne says:

I love this poster! My Mother is a preschool and daycare teacher, and has this up in her classroom. Too bad there aren't more daycare teachers like her out there.

5. Lena says:

I met the lady who designed this at a conference. Gave her a massive high-five and bought some patches with equally subversive cartoons on 'em.

6. Gold says:

You should definitely link to more posters and prints when you see them :) I collect them when I find and can afford them, but they're just so damn rare.

My favorite was a topless women's rugby team calendar from a few years ago. I've never found anything that delicious since (um, present company's calendar excluded, of course).