licking pussy is chivalry without pants

Updates forthcoming. Meanwhile, watch S. Bear Bergman read the first chapter from his book Butch is a Noun, which is called What Butch Is – read along from the PDF excerpt available at Bear’s site.

One of my favorite quotes? “Licking pussy is chivalry without pants.”

Sinclair Sexsmith is “the best-known butch erotica writer whose kinky, groundbreaking stories have turned on countless queer women” (AfterEllen), who “is in all the books, wins all the awards, speaks at all the panels and readings, knows all the stuff, and writes for all the places” (Autostraddle). ‚ÄčTheir short story collection, Sweet & Rough: Queer Kink Erotica, was a 2016 finalist for the Lambda Literary Award. They identify as a white non-binary butch dominant, a survivor, and an introvert, and use the pronouns they, them, theirs, themself. Follow all their personal writings and all the updates through patreon.com/mrsexsmith.

13 thoughts on “licking pussy is chivalry without pants”

1. A Jennifer Original says:

That was compelling and thoughtprovoking. and lighthearted and queer. I loved it; thanks Sinclair.

2. Miss Avarice says:

I don’t want to ruin it for everyone, but I cannot believe the awful grimace that the girl behind him has on her face. Awful. She should have known she was being filmed, but apparently she was more concerned about ensuring that Bear did not seeing her upturned nose. I’m displeased with that. But very pleased with such a clear, concise reading on butch identity :P

3. sinclair says:

I think she's attracted to Bear.

4. lady brett says:

i LOVE this piece. especially, as you pointed out, "licking pussy is chivalry without pants."

avarice: i'd say it's more of a gawk than a grimace. but awful, yes. ;)

5. Miss Avarice says:

Sinclair – Oh. I may have been wrong. She certainly does spend a lot of time looking forward, toward Bear's um. bottom. Perhaps you're right. I'll give her that.

6. sinclair says:

I'm mostly kidding :)

7. alisha says:

i am so upset that i gave my ex my copy of this book for her birthday.. i wish i could take it back.

it's an amazing, wonderful, eloquent book.

8. Polly says:

A first haloo. Thought I'd put it on this post, even though it's beginning to get a few weeks' stale. But it was such a delight to hear S. Bear Bergman reading this excerpt. Thank you for posting the video of it.

Thank you, also, for your corpus here, which I've been catching up on in fits and starts with snatched time. Only recently found out about you, after seeing the copious nominations for your blog for the Best Lesbian Blog of the Year. For which you've made finalist, and for which I would like to heartily congratulate you. [tips brim of baseball cap]

9. queerboi says:

brilliant excerpt. my favorite part… "If there's two butches on the date, they shouldn't be. Or they should. In any case, they arm wrestle for [the check]."

haha. yes,i couldn't relate more…and i always lose an arm wrestle to my [prof athlete] butch. but hey, who needs muscle power when you've got incredible boyish charm?