I’ve been so damn busy this week, I haven’t even had time to post about this weekend’s exciting festivities!
Kristen and I are heading down to SXSW for a few days of the Interactive schedule. I’m on a panel on Saturday, Engaging the Queer Community, along with Trish Bendix of AfterEllen.com, Bil Browning of Bilerico, and Fausto Fernos of Feast of Fun.
Engaging The Queer Community
Saturday, March 13
at 03:30 PM
A discussion on maintaining successful and active blogs and social networking sites that are geared toward the LGBT community and its niches.
There’s also a SXSW Homo site which apparently is keeping track of the queer events during the festival.
Kristen & I are crashing with an online friend (whose Twitter handle I can’t currently find) and we’ve been gathering Austin restaurants and mini-adventures to explore while we’re there.
And don’t forget!
SXSW Queer Blogger Tweetup
Sunday, March 14 at 9pm
211 West 4th Street (walking distance from the conference)
- Live tweetup using hashtag #sxswgay
- Free wifi available
- Your favorite viral videos from 2009 playing on the bar’s TVs
- T-shirt and merchandise giveaways
- Free* drinks to all SXSW attendees and people who follow Oil Can Harry’s on twitter @oilcanharrys or show their SXSW pass.
* The rumor is that because of Texas liquor laws, you can’t ask for “free” drinks, you’ve got to ask for “the hookup” and provide proof that you are following @oilcanharrys on Twitter, if you don’t have a SXSW badge, by either showing your smartphone or by a printout.
So! Who’s coming? Who will I see tomorrow or Sunday? Seems like it’s going to be a bit of a boy’s club, please assure me that the femmes and genderqueers and butches and trans folks and radicals will be joining me too!