A butch bijou cocktail

Because I’m working so hard on the story Sugarbutch Star: Matt part two, I haven’t been writing much else (and it’s still not done – hopefully later or tomorrow!).

So, here: hopefully Mr. Maddow can entertain you for a little while. Interesting gender dynamics between these two, hmmm?

See also: bloopers from the same take. And I can’t not mention the Maddow Widowers Club, because if it was ever an option, Kristen would leave me in a heartbeat. I did see some chunky Maddow glasses on St. Mark’s the other day and thought, hmmmm. Maddow role-play? You be Susan, I’ll be your yardboy

Sinclair Sexsmith is a genderqueer kinky butch writer who teaches and performs, specializing in sexualities, genders, and relationships. They've written at sugarbutch.net since 2006, recognized numerous places as one of the Top Sex Blogs. Sinclair's gender theory and queer erotica is widely published in anthologies like Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica, and online at Feministing, Autostraddle, AfterEllen, and more; they are the editor of Best Lesbian Erotica 2012 and Say Please: Lesbian BDSM Erotica, both published by Cleis Press. Sweet & Rough: Sixteen Stories of Queer Smut, Sinclair's first book of short erotic stories, was published in 2014. They use the pronouns they, them, theirs, themself, and live in Oakland, CA with their boy.

9 thoughts on “A butch bijou cocktail”

1. d says:

nnngh. yum. i love both of them so much.

2. lady brett says:

oh how cute. so, in high school when i used to watch snl i totally had a crush on jimmy fallon. it's possible it's cause he is kind of rocking the girly-masculine ;)

3. Amber says:

Both hilarious AND hot!

4. Elizabeth says:

i love how she gives a little judicious nod after taking a sip… yep, another perfect cocktail!

5. leo says:

that's DOCTOR Mr. Maddow to the likes of us. see you at the widowers' club.

6. Gold says:

Him calling her 'pal' was somehow the best part of that. I don't know why.

7. twoladiesinwaiting says:

Sir Maddow is so adorable she gives me a crush on Jimmy Fallon, too! It's like a butch sister act!

As the proud possessor of a wife who makes me the most delicious classic cocktails, I like to think that now — should Rachel happen to pop by for dinner — I can be confident that we can respectably host her.

That said, I am a fan of Chartreuse on the rocks, which may make me a little more butch than Mr. Maddow. Ha!

8. Lena says:

I love how nervous she renders almost every guy who interviews her! It’s like they’re all checking their balls behind the desk to make sure they’re still intact, still biologically relevant in a world where Monsieur Rachel Maddow, through the sheer power of her butchness, can transform a cocktail that shares a name with many a Bichon-Frise into THE MANLIEST DRINK. Also, the phrase “EVERYONE can drink a manlier drink!” is my new rallying cry at parties.

9. Polly says:

What Lena said. My only savior here is that I can cook, and my beloved does not really fancy mixed drinks. Thank GOD. My goose is cooked enough as it is.