brief celebreality moment

I can’t resist. I don’t go much for celebreality but I remember watching Ellen’s old sitcom, I remember what a big deal it was when she came out, I love that she’s got her own daytime show now. We need images, ya know? We need representations of ourselves.

(Also, I’m still a bit obsessed with Josh Radin. I even dragged the Muse to see him perform last month. I can’t believe they flew him in to perform that song, it was so lovely.)

Okay, you are now returned to your regularly scheduled Sugarbutch Chronicles.

11 thoughts on “brief celebreality moment”

1. Zoe says:

Ah they are so lovely together. I love watching how much Ellen's audience loves her. Sometimes watching national politics I feel like so much of this country hates or "tolerates" us, but there is some real acceptance out there too.

2. Petite Etoile says:

I cried watching that. Absolutely beautiful. And I love watching people in love, how they just light up when the other appears (as cliched as that may sound).

They seem so at peace with each other. I’d love to feel that someday.

Also, as a femme, I deeply deeply covet Portia’s dress. And her wife, for that matter. :)

3. twoladiesinwaiting says:

I'm on the third time viewing, the third time viewing with tears.

Ellen is just amazing. That one woman could do so much to normalize us — we owe so much to her.

4. Avah says:

OMG that was just so beautiful, I'm crying too.

5. deb says:

oh now you've made me cry. a good cry. i love love.

6. terroni says:

that was breathtaking.

7. Miss Avarice says:

I didn't cry, but I wanted to! Portia is so beautiful, and the pictures of them together are completely adorable! I certainly wish them the very best of each other.

8. alisha says:

love her. love them. love this.

oh and josh radin just.. yeah. i was so upset when i saw tori on the ADP tour and he wasn't opening for her anymore.. "star mile" and "paperweight" [ft. schyuler fisk] are just.. oh man. they're like my heart beating..

9. Ellis says:

It made me smile when Portia said “…and I’m so happy”. It sounded so sincere. They’re both lovely and I hope they carry on so well. Their love is completely obvious just through a few minutes on camera.

10. Tweyelite says:

The way that Ellen and Portia look at each other.. who doesn't want someone to look at them like that?