Sinclair on Bedroom Radio

I was privileged to be interviewed by Ellie over at Lumpesse.com for her Bedroom Radio podcast and our discussion went up just last night. Download episode #21 and hear us chat about gender, sexuality, butch breasts, and all sorts of things. (I was sipping on James all through the interview, so in my head I got less and less coherent by the end of the discussion. I haven’t listened to it yet, we’ll see how much that came through.)

Ellie’s podcast is pretty darn great, if you aren’t listening to it; she often reviews toys on her podcast by, ahem, trying them out. And she’s super smart about sex and gender.

Oh, and I read an excerpt from The Diner on the Corner, the winning Sugarbutch Star submission last year during the interview too.

You know the deadline’s coming up, right? September 1st is Monday. I have quite a few submissions so far – get ’em in soon, I’m already attached to a few of them.

Sinclair Sexsmith is a genderqueer kinky butch writer who teaches and performs, specializing in sexualities, genders, and relationships. They've written at sugarbutch.net since 2006, recognized numerous places as one of the Top Sex Blogs. Sinclair's gender theory and queer erotica is widely published in anthologies like Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica, and online at Feministing, Autostraddle, AfterEllen, and more; they are the editor of Best Lesbian Erotica 2012 and Say Please: Lesbian BDSM Erotica, both published by Cleis Press. Sweet & Rough: Sixteen Stories of Queer Smut, Sinclair's first book of short erotic stories, was published in 2014. They use the pronouns they, them, theirs, themself, and live in Oakland, CA with their boy.

9 thoughts on “Sinclair on Bedroom Radio”

1. stacey says:

loved it! i'm big on voices and thought yours was quite nice. :-)

2. Debs says:

Great interview you should do some more.

Thanks

3. Amber says:

That interview is what turned me on to Sugarbutch Chronicles. Huzzah for Ellie!

4. Bad Bad Girl says:

Ok I’ve always loved you… but hearing your voice is awesome.

5. Bad Bad Girl says:

I read the Sugarbutch Star Winner before, but hearing you read it is soooo different. Oh my god.

Do you hold your breath when you are writing things like that??

[ Thank you! (I take it that “oh my god” is a good thing?) I do tend to really control my air intake while I’m reading … it’s all about when you breathe. :) But when I’m writing stories, I tend to know that they’re good when I have to go jack off while I’m finishing the climax. – ss ]

6. LaurynX says:

I admit I’m a sucker for your voice. It was a really great interview.

7. Cote says:

You should have your own podcast. Stories read with that sexy husky voice of yours… Oh my, is it hot in here or is it just me?

[ Thank you! :) I have certainly thought about it, I’ve done some performance of my work for the last six years or so, though honestly I can’t quite keep up with all the things I already have going on. Perhaps if someday I can find someone to fund me! – ss]