ask and you shall receive

Thanks for all the comments & requests on the whispers, after poem – I’m glad to provide the audio of me reading the piece. Download it here: whispers, after mp3.

I’m most definitely not a recording engineer, and I get pretty impatient with the edits, so it’s messier than I’d like it to be. But I’m trying not to let my perfectionism about my spoken word get in the way. Thanks for the request, Viviane – happy to oblige.

10 thoughts on “ask and you shall receive”

1. Belle says:

Imperfections give you character. Make you stand out. And if you don't know by now sugar, we aren't here to judge you. Thank you much for indulging our requests. xoxo

2. chezjenne says:

FUCK! YES!

3. dylan says:

i really enjoy hearing you read. especially a piece like this, it was so personal and your voice really brought something to it that simply reading it in my own mind couldn't offer.

4. Jan says:

Hearing you read Whispers, After melted me from the inside out. Your voice, reading your words, is so hot. I envy Miss DD.

5. Viviane says:

Who cares about the minor sound imperfections.

For a first effort, it's pretty effing great and marvelous to hear that voice I know.

6. jen says:

swoon. just swoon.

7. green-eyed girl says:

Thank you so much for that. You managed to make that post even sexier, oh gifted one. My face is all hot and I feel dizzy, how do you do that??

8. Joy says:

Ohmigosh. I could lose myself in your voice…float away on your gentle huskiness. This is gorgeous. Thank you so much, Sinclair.

9. Miss Avarice says:

The creaking noises put me on a sleepy ship, rocked me on the waves of your words, out to sea where the wind was still.

10. devon says:

Claiming a piece of your own, verbally, is a powerful thing. Being a (2-week) new reader of your chronicles, I have often wondered at the voice behind the words; today, I listened to you, a little lost in fascination. What was I expecting? I don't know. But I will tell you this: my my my, you have a sexy. ass. voice.

Thank you for sharing such intimate, raw thoughts.