I was so flattered to win the Best Gender Bender Blog and Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog categories in the Lezzy Awards, run by the Lesbian Lifestyle, last year. Help me defend my title, will ya? Nominate me again!
Nominations will last from February 15-22 at 12:00 am EDT. The top 3 nominated blogs will then go on to the final voting round which will begin on February 22nd at 12:00 pm EDT. If you nominate blogs, you MUST click the confirmation link in your email, otherwise your nominations won’t count!
Here’s the categories this year:
Best Lesbian Entertainment/ Lesbian Culture Blog
Best Lesbian Humor Blog
Best Lesbian Parenting Blog
Best Lesbian Engagement/Wedding Blog *New in 2009
Best Lesbian Feminist/Political Blog
Best Lesbian Personal Blog
Best Lesbian “Out later in life” Blog *New in 2009
Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog
Best NEW Lesbian Blog (Posting for a year or less) *New in 2009
Lesbian Blog Lifetime Achievement Award *New in 2009 (This award is replacing the Lesbian Blog of the Year Award. This Award can only be won once. The award represents longevity, excellence, and overall greatness in lesbian blogging. Nominated blogs need to have been posting for a year or more.)
Best Lesbian Podcast *New in 2009
Hmmm … who will I vote for? I’m not sure yet. Probably Lesbian Dad, Just Like Jesse James, Grace the Spot, and Dorothy Surrenders, as they are four of my favorite reads. But who else? Want me (and the Sugarbutch readers) to nominate your blog? Add it in the comments, and tell us which category you’d like to be nominated in. And please, nominate Sugarbutch Chronicles for Best Lesbian Sex/Short Story/Erotica Blog!
February 2009! It was a quick month, but there was still some great stuff going on. And I won this little award you might have heard of …
- Sugarbutch Star: Matt (part one) – This was a story submission that challenged me to include specific images for all five senses, and I’ve been struggling with it for a while. I love the challenge, but woah it’s hard. Part two is still forthcoming.
- The Lezzys are here! Nominations for the Lezzy Awards, the Lezzy Award Finalists, and then … ta da! Two Lezzys? Really?! Thanks, everybody who voted. Check out the other winners & nominees, too, there are some really excellent blogs in those lists.
- The Best Sex Toy Reviewers of 2008 list via the Pleasurists came out in February, and I ranted a little bit about how sex toy reviews are permiating sex blogs these days. Just to be clear, this was not intended to be a cricism of the list itself – I think it’s quite useful! And I found some great new sites to read by going through it. It was only a reflection on the increased amount of toys that have been going around our sites, and what I’ve been thinking about that. I don’t think we should stop reviewing and I don’t dislike reviewing (I love it!), I just know for myself I want to be more discerning about the companies I work with and the toys (and other books, DVDs, etc) that I accept to review.
- Semantics: The Do-Be-Do-Be-Do Complex, brought to you by my friend Mr. K. Great comments about this concept, worth reading.
- Important Calls for Support: Home Alive & Scarleteen If you’ve got an activist bone in ya, these two organizations are looking for support. They’re very important and I highly recommend getting involved, if you feel inspired.
- Bow Restraints
- Jaguar Harness has some great comments from people whose opinions of this harness are different than mine, really useful I think if you’re in the market for a harness.
- Johnny … mmm, a big cock.