Posts Tagged ‘setting records’
October was the busiest month I’ve ever written on Sugarbutch, with 48 posts. Much of that came because I was part of 8 Against 8, where 8 lesbian bloggers wrote for 8 days against Proposition 8 in California, raising as much money as we could.
8 AGAINST 8
- Vote no on Proposition 8 was the first post of the series. We’ve replaced your usual smut with political activism … this is the roundup post of all the gay marriage writings, photographs, and videos about gay marriage, homos loving homos, PSAs about Proposition 8, and reviews of gay marriage resources. This is my favorite post of the 8 Against 8 campaign, marriage is so gay, where I talked about my own thoughts about marriage, my own, and the dream I had recently about my future wife.
October’s masthead was a good one: Come for the smut, stay for the theory, featuring a photo of me, a red tie, and whiskey. Yum. One of my favorites.
- Sugarbutch Star: Maze – The Girl in the Red Dress the second of 5 Sugarbutch Star 2008 stories.
- On being a (gender) freak in New York City
- October’s queer activism was a summary of some of the sexuality activism that happens in October – it is GBLT history month, the anniversary of Matthew Shepard’s death, and October 11th is National Coming Out Day. This is one of my favorites, looking over this past month, definitely.
- About the calendar photo shoot. You remember the New York City Sex Blogger Calendar? The
- Reviews: Pfun plug by Njoy
- Eye Candy: Rachel Maddow on Jay Leno, Rachel Maddow, again after a great (and very butch) interview.
- Personal: Image, exposed about the sex blogger calendar and what it’s like to have my face out in the blogosphere. Announcing, at last, that it is fall about the changing of the seasons and oh, femmes.
- And last, but not least, at the end of October, I was able to give away 10 copies of the L Word Season 5 as a way (for the PR folks for the show) to begin hyping the last season of the L Word. (ps, here’s the winners.)