Beauty and the BUTCH: BUTCH Voices Benefit in San Francisco
Oh, San Francisco.
Why you gotta be so cool? I am having trouble enough keeping our relationship long-distance. And now, this …
I can’t be there this time, but please, please, go for me and have an amazing time.
Beauty and the BUTCH: A 2012 BUTCH Voices Benefit
You are invited to indulge in an evening of deliciously BUTCH revelry… Bask in the decadent sights, bold sounds and the brilliant energy of everything BEAUTIFULLY BUTCH*! The mystique and myth are nothing compared to the raw beauty of butch truth…
Saturday September 15th, 2012
7:00pm – Midnight
at The City of Refuge UCC
1025 Howard Street – SF CA
$5-15 sliding scale, no one turned away for lack of funds
7:00pm – Doors Open
7:30pm – Butch Briefs Part Deux – a Mini Film Festival
8:00pm – Beauty and the Butch Live Performances and Fashion Show
9:00pm – Butch Ball with DJs JacATac, Black and Ryan
FOR ADVANCED TICKETS
RSVP HERE: http://beautyandthebutch.eventbrite.com/
BUTCH ATTIRE defies simple elegance… we have a swagger all our own that many have tried to duplicate but few have achieved
BUTCH ART breathes a magnificently unique masculine
mixture of the sacred and the profane into what is much more than a label… it is an experience
BUTCH MUSIC gives us all permission to dig deep into our spirits and howl our TRUTH, our TENDERNESS, our unabashed BRAVERY and our brash movement without boundaries!
On this evening of mythic proportion, a deluge of Brazen Artists will baptize us… immersing everyone present in a sea of glorious mayhem!
• The Lady Ms. Vagina Jenkins (burlesque – “ribald mistress of sanctioned smolder”)
• TuffNStuff: Drag King of the Blues
• ChicoSuave (drag king extraordinaire)
• Androgynous Fashion
• Haute Butch Designs (fashion house)
• Diva’s Closet Couture (fashion house)
• Kymberly Jackson (the Pied Piper of the Bay)
• Raw Drums (need we say more?!)
• Little Sister (punk rock funk phenoms)
• Skim Skima (hip hop)
• Redwolf Painter (spoken word)
• Terry De Grace (spoken word)
• Raedorah Stewart (spoken word)
• Griot Noir (spoken word – “soul sentinels of supernova linguistics”)
• Troo Blu (hip hop fusion emcee, poet, percussionist, producer, and speaker)
• TigerLily Tango (Winter and Mitch)
• Dave Naz Photography GenderQueer Series
• Roxy Jones (photographer)
• Dawn Robinson – “My-Grations” (film)
• Kai Green – “It Gets Messy in Here” (film)
• DJ JacATac
• DJ Black
• DJ Ryan
We are still accepting RAFFLE ITEMS, love offerings of performances, film shorts and photo/art exhibits – contact Monica Anderson at [email protected]
PRODUCED in HONOR of BUTCH Voices by: Monica Anderson (Kinfolkz, Sista To Sista, SankofaEvents.com), Terry De Grace-Morris and the BUTCH Voices Board
Our Wonderfully Raucous Raffle: Tickets are available online and at the event.
Our Raffle Items So Far:
Monster – special edition iSport Immersion headphones
Laurie Ann Lepoff – A $100 Dance Lesson certificate
Citabria Phillips – Two Dance Passes ($24 value)
Alexandria Nichandros – Four Dance Lessons ($90 per lesson value)
Carmen Apodoca – Two Bottles of Wine
Ellen Seeling – Two Tickets to the MCWBB show at Yoshi’s Oakland)
Margo Rivera Weiss – A Handmade Notecard Set
HauteButch Design House – A Certificate
Feelmore 510 – A $50 Gift Certificate
& Various BUTCH Voices members (rumor has it there may be a date involved)
WE ARE SEEKING ADDITIONAL RAFFLE DONATIONS: If you have some service or goody to donate, please email us at [email protected]
All proceeds from this Benefit will support the 2013 BUTCH Voices Conference (taking place August 2013 in Oakland).
Can’t make it to this stud-studded SEPT 15th event? You can still make a difference by:
- Making a donation at www.BUTCHVoices.com
- Sharing this event on your social network sites!
- Inviting friends and family to attend in your stead!
- Letting others know about www.BUTCHVoices.com and encouraging them to visit the site to learn more about our mission.
* The Beauty and the Butch Benefit showcases the diversity present within our Masculine of Center communities regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, sexuality, ability, size, surgeries, age, hairstyle, or presentation! We welcome all who identify as butch, boi, genderqueer, tomboy, stud, butcha, drag king, jock, dyke, two-spirit, androgynous-with-a-butch twist, and trans-masculine. We welcome femmes, divas, and all other allies. We respect and appreciate all of our diverse self-definitions! We respect your definition of your self!
With an emphasis on Community Building, Economic Social Justice, Health & Wellness, BUTCH Voices unites our voices as a collective – while still celebrating that which makes us beautifully unique.