Some Photos From the Birthday Weekend

We stayed on Cape Ann, near Boston, where we explored some of Salem, Rockport, and Gloucester.

l-r top to bottom: The bookstore in Salem, MA; Kristen on Pebble Beach in Rockport, MA; the boat harbor in downtown Rockport, MA; waves on Pebble Beach; pebbles on Pebble Beach.

9 thoughts on “Some Photos From the Birthday Weekend”

1. Staci says:

Happy Birthday from a fellow Aries!

2. Rae says:

That book store looks like the most amazing place ever. What is it called?

3. a. says:

is there a story associated with “traveling while butch is kinda hard”?

4. Sinclair says:

a: yeah, nothing too specific, no overt discrimination anyway, but lots of anxiety on my part (and of course constant stares). but I’m working on a post on it.

5. Vic says:

beautiful! hope it was a wonderful day.

6. Lenore says:

I’d love to read your post on “traveling while butch is kinda hard” — I’ve been doing some writing recently about ways that “femme” is different from “straight cis-woman”. Part of that is how straight cis-women traveling with male partners have a LOT more access to safe travel anywhere in the world than a woman alone — much less two women, much less if either of them is gender non-conforming.

It’s something I struggle with a lot, as someone who loves to travel. It’s hard to think that I would probably be safer traveling alone, than traveling with the one I love.

7. Lenore says:

Also, have you been to Plum Island? It’s just north of Cape Ann and has incredible sandy beaches and a huge bird sanctuary.

8. Sinclair says:

Lenore—that piece is coming, I wrote about it (at least in part) for my column next week. And no, I haven’t been to Plum Island, but I love bird sanctuaries! I will visit if/when I go back to that area.