Archive for March, 2009
I especially like what Janie said – that eyebrows “should be sculpted minimally to best feature one’s eyes.” Uh, so, how does one do that?
And you’re going to have to educate me I’m afraid: wtf is this “threading” business? I thought it was similar to waxing. Why recommend it in particular for butches? What’s the difference? I’m confused.
PS: I promise I won’t turn this blog into a mirror of what I’m doing on twitter. There are much smut and omphaloskepsis and media reviews and gender explorational writings in progress.
Following the Johnny review breakdown precedence, here's how the Outlaw cock by Vixen Creations from one of my very favorite sex toy stores stacks up. (Then I'll tell you a little embarrassing story concerning the Outlaw and a hotel room with Kristen.)Read More
Because I’m working so hard on the story Sugarbutch Star: Matt part two, I haven’t been writing much else (and it’s still not done – hopefully later or tomorrow!).
So, here: hopefully Mr. Maddow can entertain you for a little while. Interesting gender dynamics between these two, hmmm?
See also: bloopers from the same take. And I can’t not mention the Maddow Widowers Club, because if it was ever an option, Kristen would leave me in a heartbeat. I did see some chunky Maddow glasses on St. Mark’s the other day and thought, hmmmm. Maddow role-play? You be Susan, I’ll be your yardboy …
The Indigo Girls have a new album out on March 24th, Poseidon and the Bitter Bug. (What’s up with that title? I don’t get it.) It’s a two-disc set, one electric version and one accoustic version of all the songs. Still a fairly regularly-priced CD, and it’s an interesting idea. I’m a big fan of their accoustic stuff, but I know others who like the rockin songs more, so maybe it’ll be lovely to have the different sounds.
I’m sorry but, helloooooo Amy Ray. That is a fabulous photo – of them both! – and really the only reason I’m writing this review is so I can point out how freakin butch Amy Ray is. In fact, I saw her live with her band – her ALL-BUTCH BAND – back in October, and was completely blown away. Amy was playing with Kaia Wilson, Julie Wolf, and Melissa York (see a whole bunch more photos from their west coast tour from indigospike on flickr), and they sounded so amazing together. Amy’s newest album Didn’t It Feel Kinder is one of the very few CDs I’ve actually spent money on in the last few years, so I can’t recommend it highly enough.
Except, just one thing about the photo: the tie tip should touch the middle of the belt buckle. Not sure why Amy’s tie is so short, maybe that’s some styly thing I don’t know about?, but it looks a bit awkward to me. (What’s the tie-length rule when one’s shirt is untucked? Or perhaps that rule presumes an always-tucked shirt.)
Kristen and I listened to it on the way back from a small trip to Boston last week, and she said something I thought was interesting – something like, what’s the point of a new Indigo Girls CD, the entire point is that you know all the words and sing along.
I forget that they’re seen as such a sing-along band. I’m not one to sing-along at concerts – I’m more of the guy glaring at the singers usually, though not at Indigo Girls concerts: it’s true, there are just too many songs that everyone knows, and that is a part of it. Going to Indigo Girls concerts every summer was a big part of my identity development – it’s like an Ani Difranco concert, which I’ve come to call “the family reunion” because of all the dykes, as in “are you going to the family reunion this summer?” “Oh yes, of course, I never miss ‘em.” – seeing all those gay women in one place was like going to Pride or the Dyke March, made me feel more at home in my own skin.
I still remember the first time I watched the video for Closer to Fine, my mind blew a bit. I couldn’t stop watching Amy’s delicious swagger and it definitely took me a while to figure out that I wanted to be her, not do her.
Take a listen to many of the songs on Poseidon and the Bitter Bug over at Indigo Girls.com so you can start memorizing the lyrics. Read Tina’s review here and leave a comment (on her blog! not mine!) to win a copy of it, if you like.
I’m not sure how it happened actually, but somewhere in the last few months I started updating my Twitter account with thoughts when I was watching porn to review. That’s aka “live-tweeting porn.”
A month or so ago, I finally got the Video On Demand on Good Vibes to work, and sat down to check out Madison Young’s Lesbian Life: Real Sex San Francisco, and tweeted throughout. Many other folks on twitter chimed in with their thoughts on the film, and on some lesbian sex tips in general (like, what’s with that twisty hand thing? How come there’s no fisting on DVDs?), and what kind of toys they’re using in this episode.
Lots of the San Francisco queer porn stars are on Twitter, too, so a few times Jiz Lee (@jezinyoureye) and Syd Blakovich (@SydBlakovich) jumped in to add some thoughts about their scene (“@SydBlakovich ps. it is really hard to fuck on a massage table.”)
Here’s a transcript of the Twitter stream as I was watching the film. If you aren’t familiar with Twitter: the first @____ is the person who is writing this, the second @___ (if there is one) is the person to whom they are directing that writing. Photos were borrowed from Alpine SubDreams’s Lesbian Life review, thanks!
- @mrsexsmith porn of the night: Lesbian Life, Real Sex San Francisco by Madison Young. live tweeting for the next hour
- @EssinEm @mrsexsmith Mmm. That’s one of my top three movies!
- @ButchtasticKyle @mrsexsmith oooh dayam..
- @GoodVibesSF @mrsexsmith is live tweeting about a best selling VOD Lesbian Life: Real Sex San Francisco. http://tinyurl.com/lesbianlife
SCENE ONE: Jiz Lee (@jezinyoureye) & Lorelei Lee
- @mrsexsmith jiz lee is impressive on the [playground] rings.
- @EssinEm @mrsexsmith I totally went to that park/playground when I was there!!
- @mrsexsmith @EssinEm it’s a loooooong park scene. still going on. I’m not that into it. oh wait … lorelei lee just bent over … getting better now ..
- @hotmovies4her @mrsexsmith Are you watching Lesbian Life – Real Sex SF? haha, I JUST reviewed Scene 3 for tomorrow. it is so so so hot!
- @mrsexsmith @hotmovies4her yes! I’m still in scene 1 … i’ll look forward to 3 then.
SCENE TWO: Syd Blakovich (@SydBlakovich) & Lorelei Lee
- @mrsexsmith oh I dig this scene in the bike shop. way hot. STILL no cocks though!
- @jezinyoureye @mrsexsmith LesbianLife:Real Sex SF cocks in scene 3 (johnny used by @SydBlakovich on Carson) & scene 4 (buck used by me on Dylan Ryan)
- @mrsexsmith reason #1 why the bike shop is more hot than the park scene: lorelei can make more noise. love the way she whimpers.
- @mrsexsmith @jezinyoureye YES! good cocks too. yummm.
- @mrsexsmith holy hell! – four fingers in and HARD too. fuck fuck this is great!
- @mrsexsmith lorelei has left her red high heels on. mmmm that is my kinda girl.
- @SydBlakovich @hotmoviesforher & @mrsexsmith glad u like it! Took me a sec to get the grease and cum off of me.
- @jezinyoureye @hotmoviesforher @mrsexsmith those were my coveralls; @SydBlakovich returned them to me with grease & cum all over them.
- @mrsexsmith @jezinyoureye :O how rude! hope you took it out on @sydblackovich ‘s ass
- @EssinEm @jezinyoureye Oh, how awful
- @SydBlakovich @jezinyoureye whatever u have her cum all over ur face anyways, I was just helping u match.
- @mrsexsmith @SydBlakovich ohh and here you are doing a bit of primping, getting the grease & cum off. fucking HOT.
- @jezinyoureye @mrsexsmith Too bad we’re cant show fisting in porn DVDs. We can online though — all the folks in LesbianLife are on CPS, and we fist. :D
- @EssinEm @jezinyoureye New goal (in addition to everything else on my list): come back to CPS and get fisted.
- @mrsexsmith @jezinyoureye !! I didn’t know that! though I have suspected. I do know your CPS work well :)
- @jezinyoureye @mrsexsmith If I had a nickel for every time a queer person was surprised to hear that fisting is not allowed
- @jezinyoureye @mrsexsmith … I’d buy out the industry and allow fisting for all.
- @mrsexsmith @jezinyoureye oh I like that plan! i’ll gladly throw in a nickel. who makes these rules?
- @pazenlavida @mrsexsmith this episode of frontline explains why you can’t fist on dvd’s. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/porn/
- @SydBlakovich Check out episode 89. Lorelei and I do an interview. http://www.blowfish.com/radio/
SCENE THREE: Syd Blakovich (@SydBlakovich) & Carson
- @SydBlakovich ps. it is really hard to fuck on a massage table.
- @mrsexsmith @SydBlakovich I bet, but you pull it off like it’s nuthin. what harness is that??
- @SydBlakovich @mrsexsmith I think it was the cloth version of the terra firma but u can take any jock style cloth harness and remove the backing piece.
- @mrsexsmith great music in this tattoo parlor scene. great music in every scene so far, actually.
- @mrsexsmith um. omg. blow job. with the johnny. fuck that’s impressive.
- @mrsexsmith did I mention that I’m watching Lesbian Life in San Francisco via @GoodVibesSF VOD? they’ve got some great flicks available to download.
- @mrsexsmith dykes often do that twisty thing with their fingers/hands when finger fucking in porn. for me & lovers that has been uncomfortable. thoughts?
- @EssinEm @mrsexsmith What twisty thing?
- @mrsexsmith @EssinEm twisting your hand over, basically. ouch.
- @bailar_vivir @mrsexsmith The twisty maneuver is painful when performed on me. Yoikes!
- @dolphyngyrl @mrsexsmith I’d have to see what you’re talking about, exactly, but the twist thing can help open things up.
- @dolphyngyrl @mrsexsmith con’t: The point is getting more in as you twist.
- @evilgrrlevilgrrl @mrsexsmith – Do the twisty thing SLOWLY and gently at first with LOTS of lube.
- @EssinEm @mrsexsmith Oh. I like that usually, with enough lube.
- @aisforalisha @mrsexsmith I was thinking about that the other day.. I’ve never done it, but was curious..
- @mrsexsmith @aisforalisha well @essinem says it’s good with enough lube – which is a good point. enough lube and any friction is good friction.
- @Weebeasty @mrsexsmith That always leaves me really sore but not in a good way.
- @EssinEm @mrsexsmith But I think I’d prefer to just be fucked very very hard.
- @bailar_vivir @EssinEm I wish being fucked very very hard didnt hurt in a bad way… sounds awesome! :(
- @mrsexsmith re: the twisty thing: @dolphyngyrl “it can open things up” and @evilgrrl “slowly/gently with lots of lube.” Hmmmmmm
SCENE FOUR: Dylan Rion & Jiz Lee (@jezinyoureye)
- @mrsexsmith oh, dylan rion and your signature blow job earrings.
@mrsexsmith aww @jezinyoureye brought a rose! aren’t you sweet.
- @mrsexsmith ooh @jezinyoureye is wearing my favorite cock (and the white jaguar harness?) and mmmmm dylan’s mouth is on it. that is delicious.
- @mrsexsmith four fingers and dylan rion is making beautiful noises. ohmygodYES.
- @mrsexsmith blow job on glass? (or maybe it’s acrylic?) makes me a bit too conscious of teeth.
- @jezinyoureye Not so much a BJ — we were just licking off the cum.
- @mrsexsmith and that was the last scene of Lesbian Life in San Francisco, brought to me by @GoodVibesSF … uh, anything else I should watch from there?