Ah, November 2008: forever famous for THE ELECTION OF BARAK OBAMA as the President of the United States. Oh, rejoice, liberals of the US and the world. Except … then there was that pesky little thing about gay marriage amendments in three states, and the amendment that makes it illegal for unmarried folks to adopt in Arkansas.
But that wasn’t all. There was also the New York City Sexbloggers Calendar offical release party.
So even though I was attempting to take time off in November (betcha didn’t know that, huh), there were still many posts.
- A Girl: My Future Wife – where I daydream about what she’ll be like.
- Protected: hacking my brain, protected: uncovering personal insecurities, where I continue the character study of myself and attempt to make sense of my own brain and the ways I work. Journally and personal, both password protected.
- Post Election: On Love – and about my disappointment in the 2008 election, despite the fantastic nomination of Obama.
- Letter to myself: Enough Moping – we took the temperature of the country by seeing how these anti-gay amendments passed so easily. Stop dwelling on the giant blow of the election and channel the hurt energy into activism. Buck the fuck up.
- Calendar release party this Friday & Sinclair loves Njoy – thank you, Njoy, for sponsoring the Sexblogger Calendar so graceously. There was also my writeup of what happened at the calendar party, including some links to some other stories from that night, like Bad Bad Girl’s recount of bringing me a silver pen, and how I rewarded her. (Good girl, Bad Bad Girl.)
- The lollipop crop from Babeland, and some reader reviews of the lesbian film Itty Bitty Titty Committee.
In November, I also relaunched Sugarbutch into this new layout – if you’re reading via RSS, come on by and check it out. I’m still working on a “how to read this new layout” type of post, I know it’s rather difficult to tell which posts are new, but I’ve got some plans to fix that and I’ll iron that out in the near future.