this is what your heart tells you to do

This has been played & overplayed on the blogs I read this week, but if you haven’t seen it yet, you must. I love the conviction in his voice, the passion, the drive. Bottle just a thumbnail of that and keep it wrapped in your chest when you need respite.

We can do this, we can get through this, we can fix this, we can change this.

13 thoughts on “this is what your heart tells you to do”

1. Panthera Pardus says:

This absolutely had me in tears. It probably will every time I watch it.

I hope you don't mind me linking to this.

2. Sin Secret says:

He is extremely passionate and I officially adore him.

This is a beautiful and amazing speech, and I've posted it on every social page I know of.

Thank you for posting this.

3. Collen says:

Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen it.

4. Kelley, David and Na says:

Wow. I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting it. I'll be sharing it with others.

5. Kitcat says:

So well put it gave me chills…

6. Alex says:

as a queer seminary student whose marriage and ordination rests upon the hearts of people who probably would have voted for prop 8 if it was their state, I am sincerely grateful for such an impassioned plea for human decency.

7. Screaming Lemur says:

Normally I don't like the guy, but I must give him credit and appreciation for this. For every act of hatred, I must hope there is a display of human decency like this one.

8. A says:

Like Keith, I'm not affected by this, but I agree that it really sucks. Like Dan Savage said in his column, though, the measure in California and other states passed with smaller majorities than in previous elections. It's little solace, but it looks to be a matter of time before this changes for good.

9. kyle says:

I 3> K.O. He's passionate, intelligent and informed. I'd already seen this elsewhere, but I agree we should expose it to as many people as possible.

10. Lynn says:

Yes, it's powerful stuff. Keep it going around.

11. Aerope says:

We need every voice. Silence will kill us. Speak to one person, even if, especially if, you are straight. We need your help, we need your voice. We cannot do this by our love alone, we need you.

So thanks to Keith, and thanks to all of you for whom this is not your personal issue but who choose to stand up for us, for all of us. We cannot do this without you.